EntireCare Rehab & Sports Medicine’s wound care program offers wound management services from an experienced team that includes a physician, nurse, physical therapist and dietician.
We can provide wound care in the acute hospital setting or on an outpatient basis. Our services include:
- Patient education for all levels of care and the techniques required for self-cleansing and self-dressing changes for a wound.
- Any outpatient or homecare services that are necessary to facilitate continued healing and recovery.
The types of wounds we treat include, but are not limited to:
- Diabetic ulcers.
- Venous insufficiency ulcers.
- Infected or necrotic wounds.
- Surgical wounds with delayed closure, for example, dehiscence, infection concerns, grafts and failed primary closure.
- Pressure ulcerations stage III or higher.
- Chronic wounds failing closure.
We provide a broad range of wound care services, including:
- Assessment for treatment and dressing recommendations.
- Debridement of devitalized tissue using:
- Pulsed lavage.
- Selective sharp and blunt debridement techniques.
- Whirlpool treatments for open wounds with infection and/or 50 percent or more necrotic tissue in the visible portion of the wound bed.
- Application of compression.
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy, or Wound VAC.
- Modalities to stimulate growth of healthy tissue including electrical stimulation and infrared therapy.
- Exercise to improve circulation, strength and overall physical and mental health during the healing process.
- Patient education and instruction in self-care.
- Wound cultures, if requested by the physician.
- Specialized treatment by a certified hand therapist for wounds affecting upper extremity function.