Helping patients manage personal, essential aspects of daily life is part of what EntireCare Rehab & Sports Medicine is all about.
Women often experience musculoskeletal problems during pregnancy and after the delivery of a baby. In addition, gynecological impairments and surgeries – such as incontinence, pelvic pain and pelvic floor dysfunction – sometimes result in limited physical function. Additionally, men may encounter pelvic pain, dysfunction and incontinence. Our team of specialized physical therapists and occupational therapists work together to help patients with a variety of issues.
We provide expert support and treatment for conditions and concerns such as:
- Pregnancy and post-partum health.
- Pelvic pain.
- Core and pelvic musculature weakness.
- Diastasis of the Rectus Abdominus.
- Pain with intercourse.
- Rehabilitation after prostatectomy.
- Rehabilitation before and after pelvic and abdominal surgery.
- Urinary frequency and/or urgency.
- Urinary incontinence.
- Fecal incontinence.
- Hip pain.
- Low back pain.
- Post-mastectomy issues.
After your evaluation, we will talk with you about your goals so we can tailor your care plan specifically to you. Areas of instruction and training may include:
- Pelvic floor and core muscle control and balance.
- Posture alignment and re-training.
- Aquatic therapy for pre-eclampsia and gestational diabetes – available at our Flagstaff Medical Center location.
- Biofeedback for muscle retraining.
- Lifestyle choices and behaviors relating to bowel, bladder and bone health.
- Scar and/or edema massage.
- Goal-directed home program.