With our advanced pharmaceutical equipment, it takes only seconds to dispense medications compared to a process that used to take 30 minutes or longer. As a result, our inpatient pharmacy dispenses medication with less wait time. In addition, our pharmacy team uses innovative technology to:
- Provide real-time patient care and reduce processing time.
- Automate medication delivery and simplify the storage and retrieval of medications.
- Retrieve patient medication orders in seconds and evaluate for drug interactions and incompatibilities.
- Use electronic medical records to make sure healthcare professionals have quick access to critical information.
- Automate the creation of compounded medications such as total parenteral nutrition and intravenous antibiotics.
Technology makes all the difference
Flagstaff Inpatient Pharmacy is one of only a few facilities to use a top-of-the-line, automated pharmacy storage system. Not only is it safer and more precise, it also gives our pharmacists more time to discuss your concerns and design a personalized medication plan.
To improve patient safety, we use a packager and bar-code labeling so medications can be scan-ready at the bedside.