Our pharmacists, many of whom are board-certified, come to Flagstaff Medical Center with an average of 12 years of institutional practice experience and a variety of pharmaceutical backgrounds.
In addition, a number of them belong to the Arizona Pharmacy Association, the American Pharmacists Association and American College of Clinical Pharmacy and other organizations.
Many team members, including licensed pharmacy technicians, are pursuing or have earned state and national certificates in programs that focus on immunization, anticoagulation, diabetes care and psychotherapy. Other programs and certifications are:
- Antimicrobial Stewardship and infectious disease.
- Critical Care Medicine Fundamentals of Critical Care Support.
- American Society of Health System Pharmacist Leadership and Management.
- American College of Clinical Pharmacist Leadership and Management.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Neonatal Resuscitation.
Did you know?
- We have more than 150 years of experience as pharmacists.
- We have more than 100 years of experience as pharmacy technicians.
- We have 25 Arizona licensed Registered Pharmacists.
- We have 23 doctorates of Pharmacy.
- We have six board-certified pharmacotherapy specialists.
Our recruitment and retention efforts
Flagstaff Medical Center supports clinical staff pharmacist development in operations or clinical projects of interest. We also have clinical pharmacy specialists on staff in infectious diseases, critical care and oncology.