At the Safe Child Center, we:
- Serve the medical and behavioral health needs of traumatized and abused children.
- Work in partnership with other investigative agencies to achieve a coordinated, comprehensive evaluation and investigation.
- Attempt to reduce stress on victims by avoiding multiple interviews while improving the quality and admissibility of evidence.
- Respond with developmentally appropriate and culturally sensitive approaches.
- Work to ensure the process of investigation, prosecution and treatment helps the child to heal.
- Reassure children about their health and acknowledge their hard work and bravery.
- Encourage family members to share any concerns and ask questions about their situation and their child’s well-being.
- Support the family through the investigative process.
- Be a safe, caring and friendly place for children and families when they have been maltreated or have witnessed violent crimes.