Learning about medications and more
8 ways to avoid adverse drug reactions
- Learn the names of all medications prescribed for you.
- When you see a new healthcare practitioner, provide a list of all your medications, including vitamins and alternative medicines.
- Be familiar with how your medications look and check them before taking them.
- Know the dosage and schedule for every medication you take.
- If you have questions about any treatments or medications, ask your pharmacist.
- Request written information about your medications.
- If you’re too ill to follow these recommendations, ask a friend or a relative to help you.
- Keep your family safe by keeping a separate list of medications for each family member.
3 tips to prevent antibiotic resistance
- Don’t skip doses or stop taking the medication before the prescription is finished.
- Remember that antibiotics should be used for bacterial infections, not viral infections.
- Never self-medicate with antibiotics that haven’t been prescribed for you.