Attend one of our surgery pre-op classes
If you are having joint replacement or spine surgery, we recommend you attend one of our free pre-op classes.
Patients are strongly encouraged to bring a friend or family member who will be their “coach” during the recovery process. This class provides an opportunity to ask questions about the surgery and covers the following topics:
- How to prepare for surgery and tips to be successful.
- An overview of the hospital and patient experience.
You can attend an in-person class or an online webinar (Flagstaff surgeries only) where the information is presented to you via video.
- In-person pre-op classes
- Online webinar (Flagstaff surgeries only): click here to register as a guest in our Learning Management System (LMS). Once logged into LMS, select “Search” at the top of the screen and enter “Joint Replacement and Spine Surgery” in the search box to enroll. Full instructions are below.
Access the online webinar (Flagstaff surgeries only):
If you have trouble accessing the video, please call the NAH Education Department at 928-773-2491.
1. If you have not accessed our Learning Management System (LMS) before, please create an account.
2. Complete the new user form and click save. Once back at the welcome page, log in.
3. Once logged in, click the search button.
4. In the search box, type “Joint Replacement and Spine Surgery” and click “Search”.
5. Once the search results appear, click the “Details – Enroll(Self)” button.
6. Then click the “Enroll” button in the upper right corner.
7. Return to the “Overview” tab.
8. In the “My Task” section at the bottom, click the “Launch” button to start the video.