This training program is designed for the individual without prior operating room experience, with a strong desire to learn the role of the surgical technologist. The surgical technologist is a member of the sterile operating room team, who sets up and maintains a sterile field and assists the surgeon with the surgical procedure.
This training program provides classroom and clinical preceptorship support for individuals developing the skills and knowledge base necessary to provide safe patient care in the operating room.
The duration of the training program is approximately three months. It will include:
- Classroom time with presentations, videos, practice and policy review; guest presenters; and practical labs.
- Job shadowing opportunities to observe the roles of perioperative team members.
- Rotating in the Sterile Processing department to learn instruments, proper cleaning, packaging, and sterilizing, and supply locations.
- Approximately two months preceptorship clinical time.
- Use of evidence-based guidelines for safe practice.
- Prepare for a surgical case.
Do these programs excite you? Want to know more about these amazing opportunities? Please contact NAH Education at 928-773-2491.
To apply: Please contact the NAH Human Resources training program recruiter at 928-773-2107.