This training program is designed for the individual with a CNA license, but without prior operating room experience. Successful program graduates will have a strong desire to work with obstetrical patients and to learn the role of the surgical technologist in the obstetrical operating room. The OB tech sets up and maintains a sterile field, as well as assists the surgeon with Caesarean sections and other surgical procedures.
This program provides classroom and preceptorship support as the OB tech develops the skills and knowledge base necessary to provide safe patient care in the operating room for OB patients.
Duration of the training program is approximately three months. It will include:
- Classroom time, including presentations; videos; practice and policy review; guest presenters and practical labs.
- Job shadowing opportunities to observe the roles of perioperative team members.
- Rotating in the Sterile Processing department to learn instruments, proper cleaning, packaging, sterilizing and supply locations.
- Preceptorship clinical time to include scrubbing a variety of obstetrical cases in the operating room.
- Use of evidence-based guidelines for safe practice.
- Preparing for a surgical case.
Do these programs excite you? Want to know more about these amazing opportunities? Please contact NAH Education at 928-773-2491.
To apply: Please contact the NAH Human Resources training program recruiter at 928-773-2107.