Are you at risk of a heart attack? Make sure you recognize the following risk factors:
- Family history: If your parents or siblings have had heart attacks.
- High blood pressure: Can damage the arteries that feed your heart.
- Tobacco: Smoking and long-term exposure to secondhand smoke.
- High blood cholesterol or triglyceride levels.
- Diabetes: Not producing enough or not responding to insulin causes your blood sugar levels to rise.
- Obesity: Losing 10 lbs. or more can lower your cardiac risk.
- Stress: Everyone has stress, but if you are consistently stressed, you need to make changes to your lifestyle.
- Lack of physical activity: Contributes to high cholesterol levels and obesity. Exercise can help lower high blood pressure.
If you have questions or concerns, speak with a cardiologist.
Make an appointment
Take charge of your heart health and make an appointment today.