A second opinion can play an important role in your overall healthcare plan and peace of mind. Receiving more information or a contrasting view from different providers can:
- Establish you are already with the right doctors.
- Confirm your pathology is correct.
- Serve as a review of your mammogram/MRI.
- Clarify all your treatment options.
- Connect you to physicians you trust and feel confident with.
- Verify results and significance of genetic testing.
- Provide peace of mind that you are choosing the right team.
What we need if you are coming to NAH for a second opinion
To thoroughly evaluate you, we need:
- Mammograms (two years’ worth of actual films; they can be on a disc) and reports.
- Ultrasound images (the actual films) and reports.
- MRI disc and reports.
- Pathology slides and reports. We will send your slides to our pathologist for an official second opinion to confirm your diagnosis.
- List of your medications and health history.
- Office paperwork. Please call the clinic for your paperwork before your appointment.
- If possible, please bring a friend or family member to help support you at this appointment to serve as a second pair of ears for you.
We are here to help answer your questions or assist you with scheduling an appointment. Call us today.