Seventy-five percent of all breast cancers occur in women with no family history of breast cancer.
Before you can understand what is abnormal in breast tissue, you must be familiar with the normal structures of the breast, how it functions and how it can develop disease. Learn more about breast health and anatomy.
Breast cancer resource centers
At the breast cancer resource centers in Flagstaff and Sedona, you’ll find a safe, healing environment especially designed for you, your family and caregivers. The centers are available to all breast cancer patients being treated at our Flagstaff and Sedona locations.
We provide compassionate support, education and resources, including:
- Certified oncology nurses and breast health navigators to help you throughout treatment.
- Pre-operative education.
- A comprehensive breast cancer lending library.
- Help with locating reliable cancer information.
- Training in breast self-examination.
- Cancer support groups.
- Lymphedema prevention and management, including specialty referrals.
- American Cancer Society resources.
- “Look Good Feel Better” workshops supported by the American Cancer Society featuring skin care, makeup application and hair and wig styling.
Make an appointment
We are here to help answer your questions or assist you with scheduling an appointment. Call us today.