On March 16, 2021, in an effort to provide vaccinations to an increasing number of residents of Coconino County, the county health department issued an update to COVID-19 vaccination eligibility.
This update includes any adults 35 years old or older, as well as individuals in phase 1c. This is in addition to individuals in phase 1a and 1b. See below for the full list of currently eligible individuals in Coconino County.
- Phase 1a: Healthcare personnel and long-term care facility residents and staff
- Phase 1b Priority Populations: Education and childcare workers, teachers and staff. This includes all school and higher education staff who normally interact with other staff and students, and bus drivers, cafeteria workers, facilities staff etc.; Law enforcement and protective services (corrections, other emergency response staff); Individuals aged 65 and older.
- Phase 1b Additional Populations:
- Power and utility workers
- Food and agriculture related occupations (packaging and distribution workers, grocery and restaurant workers)
- Transportation and material moving occupations (public transportation providers, airlines, gas stations, auto shop workers, and other transportation network providers)
- State and local government workers that provide critical services for continuity of government
- Other essential workers (e.g., business and financial services, supply chain for critical goods, funeral services, critical traders, etc.)
- Adults with high risk medical conditions living in shelter or other congregate living settings
- In addition, Coconino County, in accordance with the ADHS COVID-19 vaccination guidelines, is expanding vaccinations to individuals aged 55 and older as part of the current Phase 1b. The addition of those aged 55-64 is intended to help those most at-risk of severe COVID-19 illness.
- Phase 1c:
- Adults of any age with high-risk medical conditions, which includes the developmentally disabled.
- Adults living in congregate settings.
- Adults 35 years old and older.
For more information on how to book a vaccination appointment with Northern Arizona Healthcare, visit this page.
Current information about vaccination categories in Coconino County and the current phase may be found at https://www.coconino.az.gov/covid19vaccine