Do the following things around your home before your surgery:
- Clean (light and heavy activities).
- Do the laundry and put it away.
- Put clean linens on the bed.
- Prepare meals and freeze them in single-serving containers.
- Pick up throw rugs and tack down loose carpeting.
- Remove electrical cords and other obstructions from walkways.
- Install nightlights in bathrooms, bedrooms, and hallways.
- As much as possible, prepare to live on one level of the house after coming home.
- Raise the height of your bed and a favorite chair if needed.
- Practice putting on and taking off your shoulder immobilizer, especially if you are having surgery on your dominant arm.
Arrange with your loved ones to help you schedule the following ahead of time:
- Plan your transportation for doctor appointments and therapy.
- Schedule for grocery shopping and last minute errands to be done on the day of or before you return home.
- Assist for cleaning, pet care, errands, etc. If you need assistance, please let us know and we can connect you with support/community services.