Do the following things around your home before your surgery:
- Clean (light and heavy activities).
- Do the laundry and put it away.
- Put clean linens on the bed.
- Prepare meals and freeze them in single serving containers.
- Pick up throw rugs and tack down loose carpeting.
- Remove electrical cords and other obstructions from walkways.
- Install nightlights in bathrooms, bedrooms, and hallways.
- As much as possible, prepare to live on one level of the house after coming home.
- Raise the height of your bed and a favorite chair if needed.
Arrange with your loved ones to help you schedule the following ahead of time:
- Plan your transportation for doctor appointments and therapy.
- Schedule for grocery shopping and last minute errands to be done on the day of or before you return home.
- Assist for cleaning, pet care, errands, etc. If you need assistance, please let us know and we can connect you with support/community services.