Here's what you can expect from your trauma care team:
- Nurse practitioners and case managers who help lessen complications and shorten your stay.
- An interventional radiologist who reduces your need for more invasive surgery.
- Rehabilitative services that start as soon as you're admitted; including physical, occupational and speech therapies.
- A clinical dietitian who makes sure you receive the right nutrition to promote rapid healing.
- A respiratory therapist who cuts down on the number of days you need a ventilator.
- A clinical pharmacist assigned to the intensive care unit who enhances your medication therapies.
- A clinical social worker and care manager who give you kind, supportive care.
In case of an emergency, call 911.