Northern Arizona Healthcare is dedicated to delivering the highest quality of healthcare to the communities it serves, and its award-winning staff is leading the way. During the Arizona March of Dimes 2016 Nurse of the Year Awards Gala, five NAH nurses won awards for their exceptional work in nursing.
This yearly event celebrates nursing excellence and recognizes nursing leaders from across the state. Nurses throughout Arizona were nominated in one or more of 15 different categories. NAH had 75 nominees, 10 finalists and five winners − the most nominees, finalists and winners out of all the healthcare systems in Arizona.
The NAH winners are:
- Cindy Beckett, Ph.D., R.N.C.-O.B., L.C.C.E., C.H.R.C., for Evidence Based Practice and Research
- Nancy Foreman, B.S.N., R.N., O.C.N., for Distinguished Nurse of the Year
- Joan Moore, B.S.N., R.N., C.P.N., for Pediatric
- Leighanne Morton, M.S.N., R.N., M.B.A. for General Medicine/Surgical
- Erika Simon, M.S.N.-Ed., R.N., C.C.R.N., for Critical Care
The number of winners from NAH is a testament not only to the quality care delivered in Northern Arizona, but to the dedication and expertise of the nurses at both Flagstaff Medical Center and Verde Valley Medical Center.Katy Wilkens, FMC cheif nursing officer