- This event has passed.
AWHONN Advanced Fetal Heart Monitoring
AWHONN’s Advanced Fetal Monitoring Course (AFMC), designed for the experienced clinician, focuses on the application of advanced concepts and knowledge of fetal monitoring as they apply to complex maternal-fetal case scenarios. The course builds on knowledge gained from the AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Course (IFMC).
At the conclusion of this workshop, the participant should be able to:
- Identify physiologic principles underlying fetal heart monitoring.
- Describe physiologic principles of maternal and fetal oxygen transfer and acid-base balance.
- Describe concepts in antenatal testing, including analysis and interpretation of biophysical profiles and complex antenatal fetal heart monitoring tracings.
- Relate physiologic principles to the goals and interventions of antenatal testing.
- Evaluate interventions for patients undergoing antenatal testing.
- Analyze fetal cardiac arrhythmia patterns and describe outcomes associated with these patterns.
- Analyze complex fetal heart monitoring patterns utilizing current NICHD/ACOG FHM terminology and categories.
- Apply perinatal risk management principles, communication techniques, and documentation strategies related to complex and challenging patient care scenarios.
In preparation for the course, participants must read AWHONN’s Fetal Heart Monitoring Principles and Practices, 5th Ed. (may be purchased through NAH Education for $35.00). The course examination/feedback portion of the class will be completed online and must be completed within 30 days of class date. Employees of NAH must pass the online exam in order to complete course requirements.
Continuing Education Credit
A total of eight contact hours of continuing nursing education credit or six hours of continuing medical education credit will be awarded to those who attend and participate in the entire course. AWHONN is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. AWHONN also holds a California BRN number: California CNE provider #CEP580. Accredited Status does not imply endorsement by AWHONN or ANCC of any commercial products displayed or discussed in conjunction with an activity.
Dates and Times
Class time: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Flagstaff Medical Center (2021)
Class time 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Verde Valley Medical Center (2021)
Class time 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
April 16th November 19th
At Flagstaff Medical Center, the courses will be held in the Northern Arizona Healthcare Training Center, located at the west end of Fort Valley Shopping Center, 1000 N. Humphreys, Suite 241-242.
In Cottonwood, the courses will be held in the Education Center located in the Courtyard Plaza on the east side of the Verde Valley Medical Center, 269 S. Candy Lane.
$205.00 Non-NAH Employee
$160.00 NAH Employee
To register online, please click the appropriate registration button on this page under “Event Details.”
To register by mail or fax, download the class brochure and complete the application form. The class brochure is available on this page under “Event Links and Documents.”
Mail completed registration application to: Northern Arizona Healthcare Education Department 1200 North Beaver Street Flagstaff, AZ 86001.
You also may fax your registration to (928) 773-2430.
Refunds are available less a $120.00 administration fee. No refund is issued if cancellation occurs within five business days of the course.
Event Links & Documents
NAH Education Department