AWHONN Advanced Fetal Heart Monitoring
- Identify physiologic principles underlying fetal heart monitoring.
- Describe physiologic principles of maternal and fetal oxygen transfer and acid-base balance.
- Describe concepts in antenatal testing, including analysis and interpretation of biophysical profiles and complex antenatal fetal heart monitoring tracings.
- Relate physiologic principles to the goals and interventions of antenatal testing.
- Evaluate interventions for patients undergoing antenatal testing.
- Analyze fetal cardiac arrhythmia patterns and describe outcomes associated with these patterns.
- Analyze complex fetal heart monitoring patterns utilizing current NICHD/ACOG FHM terminology and categories.
- Apply perinatal risk management principles, communication techniques, and documentation strategies related to complex and challenging patient care scenarios.
Continuing Education Credit
Dates and Times
Flagstaff Medical Center (2021)
Verde Valley Medical Center (2021)
At Flagstaff Medical Center, the courses will be held in the Northern Arizona Healthcare Training Center, located at the west end of Fort Valley Shopping Center, 1000 N. Humphreys, Suite 241-242.
In Cottonwood, the courses will be held in the Education Center located in the Courtyard Plaza on the east side of the Verde Valley Medical Center, 269 S. Candy Lane.
To register online, please click the appropriate registration button on this page under "Event Details."
To register by mail or fax, download the class brochure and complete the application form. The class brochure is available on this page under "Event Links and Documents."
Mail completed registration application to: Northern Arizona Healthcare Education Department 1200 North Beaver Street Flagstaff, AZ 86001.
You also may fax your registration to (928) 773-2430.