Handling emergencies of any kind
At Northern Arizona Healthcare, our Emergency Department care teams can deal with any emergency that comes through the door.
Together, we have Level I and Level IV trauma centers that provide around-the-clock coverage in neurosurgery and orthopedic surgery as well as an on-call anesthesiologist. Our three emergency departments include:
- Flagstaff Medical Center Emergency
- Verde Valley Medical Center Emergency
- Northern Arizona Healthcare – Sedona Emergency
This expertise lets us treat almost any condition or trauma, eliminating the need to travel to Phoenix. With the latest technology and expert, on-call ED physicians and staff, you can trust us to provide you and your loved ones with the best care possible.
Take a look at you’ll find we have some of the lowest readmission rates in the country and our wait times are shorter than the national average.
Saving lives – one person at a time
Northern Arizona Healthcare excels in several critical areas to save hundreds of lives:
- Our two medical centers are certified Cardiac Arrest Centers as designated by the Bureau of Emergency Medical Services and Trauma System, and the Arizona Department of Health Services.
- We operate one Level I Trauma Center in Flagstaff offering around-the-clock coverage in neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery and an on-call anesthesiologist, as well as one Level 4 trauma center in the Verde Valley.
- Flagstaff Medical Center was named a Primary Stroke Center by DNV Healthcare – one of four hospitals in Arizona to earn the accreditation. In the Verde Valley, we operate an innovative telestroke program.
In case of an emergency, call 911