John H. Flint, MD
After graduating Summa Cum Laude from Brigham Young University, Dr. Flint completed his medical degree from the University of Virginia School of Medicine and his Residency Program in Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, a top 10 hospital for orthopaedic surgery. Dr. Flint then went on to receive Fellowship training in surgery of upper extremity at Triangle Orthopaedics in Raleigh, North Carolina. During his training he worked with hand surgeons trained at The Mayo Clinic and Duke University Hospital. He also worked with shoulder surgeons, Dr. Mallon and Dr. Wilson, whom were trained by Dr. Hawkins and Dr. La Fosse, shoulder surgeons with world wide prominence. He also trained under the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, Dr. William Mallon. He also helped take care of the Triple-A baseball team, the Durham Bulls during their run to become the 2009 International League Champions.
Dr. Flint has worked extensively on issues related to health policy, medical education, and legislative issues pertaining to orthopaedic patients. He has lobbied on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. every year since 2007 to protect Medicare beneficiaries access to orthopaedic care. He is a contributing author on issues of health policy for “AAOS Now,” a monthly national orthopaedic magazine.
Check Dr. Flint’s standing with the AZ Medical Board at www.azmd.gov.
Area of focus: Hand, Elbow and Shoulder
- Special Procedures: Finger [PIP] and Knuckle [MP] joint replacements -Wrist Arthroscopy -Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release -Elbow Arthroscopy -Elbow Replacement-Shoulder Arthroscopy-Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair -Arthroscopic Shoulder Instability Repair-Revision Rotator Cuff Repair-Total Shoulder Replacement-Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement-Revision Total Shoulder Surgery-Chronic Shoulder Instability Surgery-Arthroscopic Treatment of Lateral Epicondylitis
- Undergraduate: Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Medical School: University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Internship/Residency: University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa
- Fellowship Trained: Upper Extremity Surgery, Triangle Orthopaedics, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Board Certification: Board Eligible American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Personal Interests: Dr. Flint enjoys working on issues related to health policy, medical education and advocating for orthopaedic patients locally and nationally. During his free time he likes spending time with his family, mountain biking, back packing, climbing, skiing and canoeing.
|Medical Degree||University of Virginia School of Medicine (Charlotesville)||Medicine|
|Internship & Residency||University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (Iowa City)||Orthopaedic Surgery|
|Fellowship||Triangle Orthopaedics||Upper Extremity Surgery|
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery: Orthopaedic Surgery
Some insurance plans require you to receive authorization from them before obtaining medical services. Please check with your insurance provider in order to receive the most complete benefits available from your coverage.
Physician information is provided as reference only. Please check with the physician office(s) directly to verify accuracy of the information provided.