At Verde Valley Medical Center, your experienced maternity care team includes:
- Board-certified obstetricians, neonatologists, pediatricians and family practice physicians.
- Neonatal nurse practitioners.
- Nationally certified nurses.
- Certified lactation consultants and breastfeeding counselors.
- Specially trained support staff and technicians.
We're also able to care for women who need gynecological surgery.
During labor and delivery
Designed for your comfort and safety, our labor and delivery area is an ideal place for your baby to take his or her first breath. You'll find:
- A triage area for initial patient consultations.
- Four private, home-like labor, delivery and recovery rooms.
- Sleep chairs in each room for your significant other.
- Skin-to skin and/or Golden Hour support.
- Waiting areas for family and friends.
After your baby is born
After delivery, you, your baby, and the whole family can spend time together in a supportive, relaxing environment that includes:
- Breastfeeding support.
- Birth recording services.
- Hearing screening for your baby.
- Safe sleep practices and education.
- Parent gift packs with educational materials.
- Postpartum depression screening and support.