“My commitment to my patients and their clinical experience stems from a philosophy emphasizing shared decision making. I ensure each patient and their family grasp the extent of their condition, the treatments available to them, and their influence on which course of action to take with treatment plan.”
Forefoot, midfoot, hind foot and ankle care.
Dr. Diefenbach is orthopedic surgeon. A personal love of recreation, sports and activity, was the driving force behind his pursuit of specialized training in foot and ankle care.
He believes in shared decision making, ensuring each patient − and their family members − completely understand their problem or condition, the treatments available to them, and their influence in which course of action to take with treatment. He individualizes each care plan to help patients reach his or her activity and quality-of-life goals. He treats each patient as though they are a member of his family, and considers it a privilege to treat and care for his patients.
- Fellowship with the University of California, Davis, Calif.
- Residency with the University of Pittsburgh, Hamot Medical Center, Pittsburgh.
- General Surgery Internship at the University of Colorado, Denver.
- Doctorate of Medicine from the New York University School of Medicine, New York
- Bachelor’s in psychology from Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pa.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society