Did you know people are less inclined to get a flu vaccine after the end of November? Don’t be one of them: The flu is already spreading quickly in Arizona.
Why should you be vaccinated? The benefits of the shot include:
- Keeping you from getting sick with flu; a serious illness.
- Reducing the risk of flu-associated hospitalization if you are especially prone to flu.
- Preventing serious complications associated with some chronic conditions.
- Protecting pregnant women and new mothers.
- Protecting the people around you, especially babies and young children not yet old enough to have a flu shot.
Speak to your primary care provider about getting a flu vaccine during the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Influenza Vaccination Week, Dec. 1-7.
Don’t have a primary care provider? Northern Arizona Healthcare has five primary care locations in Flagstaff and the Verde Valley.