Joel Terriquez, M.D., NAH’s medical director of Infectious Disease, Infection Prevention, and hospital epidemiology, has been named FMC’s 2017 Nathan Avery Physician of the Year.
Dr. Terriquez joined NAH in 2012. A few of his and his team’s achievements include:
- Establishing the Infection Prevention program and coordinating it with the antimicrobial stewardship at FMC.
- Supervising and leading the structural revision of the Infectious Disease department.
- Facilitating infectious disease research collaboration with Northern Arizona University’s Microbiology department and TGEN North.
- Completing a fellowship in Mycobacterial disease at National Jewish Health in Denver while leading FMC’s Infectious Disease Department.
- Working closely with regional Infectious Disease specialists with the Southwest Infectious Disease Council in developing a regional antibiogram.
Dr. Terriquez has gone above and beyond to improve initiatives in Infectious Disease, and is a perfect example of a truly dedicated physician who provides quality care for our patients and ready consultative service for our providers. Dr. Terriquez always engages staff, shows exemplary commitment to colleagues and patients, and has provided physician and nursing education to help staff find opportunities for improvement. Congratulations, Dr. Terriquez, on this great achievement.
To read the AZ Daily Sun feature Dr. Terriquez, click here