Where the voice of a child is given the attention it deserves.
NAH’s Safe Child Center, part of the Children’s Health Center, raises awareness each April during Child Abuse Prevention Month of the services it provides to ensure children in the communities of northern Arizona have a voice.
The Safe Child Center provides a wide array of support and services to children in northern Arizona:
- Forensic interviews and medical forensic exams
- Family and caregiver advocacy
- Behavioral health services
Did you know:
- One in seven children has experienced child abuse and/or neglect in the past year.
- In 2018, nearly 1,770 children died of abuse and neglect in the United States.
- One in five females and one in 13 males report having been sexually abused as a child aged 0-17
- In 2019, 91.4% of victims were maltreated by one or both parents. Other perpetrators known to victims included foster parents, other relatives, neighbors, and daycare providers.
- Safe Child Center was the first child advocacy center in Arizona, founded at Flagstaff Medical Center in 1994
To learn more call 928-773-2053 or visit them in Flagstaff at 5130 N Highway 89, Flagstaff, AZ 86004.