The S.T.A.B.L.E. Program
The S.T.A.B.L.E. Program has been designed for the period following resuscitation of the newborn until care is transferred to the neonatal transport team or members of the neonatal ICU team. This mnemonic based tool focuses on the post-resuscitation care of sick neonates including physical assessment, problem recognition, and patient management. The S.T.A.B.L.E. Program is a concise, directive tool to help maternal/child healthcare providers to organize the myriad of details and interventions necessary to provide care to a sick and/or premature infant.
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate IV therapy including fluid rates, glucose monitoring and emergency treatment of hypoglycemia.
- Demonstrate knowledge of special temperature needs of infants and the detrimental effects of severe hypothermia.
- Demonstrate knowledge of signs and symptoms of respiratory distress, indications for intubation, assisting with intubation, and securing the endotracheal tube.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to evaluate, recognize, and treat shock.
- Demonstrate understanding of pre- transport lab evaluation, including CBC interpretation and treatment of suspected neonatal infection.
- Demonstrate understanding of the family’s emotional needs and reactions during the crisis surrounding the birth of a sick infant.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists and pre-hospital providers who manage post-resuscitation and /or pretransport care of sick newborns.
Continuing Education Credit
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 10612 for 7 CE contact hours.
Pre-registration is required. Participants are required to read and study the S.T.A.B.L.E. Transport Education Program Learner Manual and complete the S.T.A.B.L.E. pretest. Manual and pretest will be mailed prior to the start of the course. This program will include a complete review of material, plenty of question and answer time, and testing.
Dates and Times
- April 5th, 2021
- August 23rd, 2021
- November 15th, 2021
The courses will be held in the Education Center located in the Courtyard Plaza on the east side of Verde Valley Medical Center, 269 S. Candy Lane.
To register online, please click the appropriate registration button on this page under "Event Details."
To register by mail or fax, download the class brochure and complete the application form. The class brochure is available on this page under "Event Links and Documents."
Mail completed registration application to: Northern Arizona Healthcare Education Department 1200 North Beaver Street Flagstaff, AZ 86001.
You also may fax your registration to (928) 773-2430.