- Identify the major causes of venous thrombolytic embolisms and prophylactic measures currently used at NAH
- Select appropriate measures to prevent contractures following orthopedic surgeries
- Identify the various spinal surgeries, knee replacements, hip replacements and shoulder replacements
- Select appropriate care guidelines for a patient with spinal fusion, hip replacement, shoulder replacement, knee replacement or disc replacement
- Identify possible complications of anesthesia during orthopedic surgeries
- Describe treatments available to reduce pain in post-operative orthopedic patients
- Explain the benefits of early mobility in post-operative orthopedic patients.
- Demonstrate proper fitting of slings and braces in post-operative orthopedic patients.
- Post-op pain management
- Total Joint Replacement update
- Spine surgery update
- Benefits of early mobilization
- Skills break-out sessions
- DVT prophylaxis
- Post-op management
- Equipment station for upper extremities and spine
- Mobility and equipment station for lower extremities
Dates and Times
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Oct. 30, 2020
At Flagstaff Medical Center, the courses will be held in the Northern Arizona Healthcare Training Center, located at the west end of Fort Valley Shopping Center, 1000 N. Humphreys, Suite 241-242.
To register online, please click the registration button on this page under "Event Details." NAH employees please visit the employee portal, NAHLink.com, and go to Education, Login to LMS.
To register by mail or fax, download the class brochure and complete the application form. The class brochure is available on this page under "Event Links and Documents."
Mail completed registration application to: Northern Arizona Healthcare Education Department 1200 North Beaver Street Flagstaff, AZ 86001.
You also may fax your registration to (928) 773-2430.
Refunds are available less a $40.00 administration fee. No refund is issued if cancellation occurs within five business days of the course.