Boot Camp for New Moms (Flagstaff)
Congratulations! You are expecting a baby and it is an exciting time. The members of our Childbirth Education team at Flagstaff Medical Center are here to help you and your family prepare for this experience. We offer a variety of classes and services to give you the information and assistance you will need for birth and beyond. Classes are taught by Labor and Delivery nurses and other certified and specially trained healthcare professionals. Early registration is recommended as classes fill up quickly.
For more information on all Childbirth Education classes, email Heather.Ashby2@NAHealth.com
Discover What Life With a Newborn Will Really Be Like
During Boot Camp for New Moms, new mamas (and their babies) share real-world insight, advice and experiences about navigating the first months of parenthood. You'll hear how different women and families handle the challenges that almost all new parents face:
- Work/life balance; handling family and friends.
- Going back to work, or staying home, and childcare.
- Parenting as a team.
- Breastfeeding, or not, and what that looks like in the real world.
- Changes new moms face (physical, hormonal, mental, etc.) and how these changes impact everything.
- A new dad's different trajectory and how he bonds with baby.
- Reinforcing your relationship before, and reconnecting after, the baby arrives.
You'll leave Boot Camp:
- Feeling more confident.
- With your questions answered.
- Armed with strategies to make the transition to motherhood smoother.
- Knowing you're not alone.
- Ready to form a parenting team with your partner.
- Understanding what dad-to-be is going through and how to support him.
- With real-world insight and solutions to common challenges.
A trained Coach (also a Boot Camp graduate and mom) facilitates the discussion. This is a moms-only class.
We recommend mom-to-be attend around the 28th week of pregnancy, but any time is a good time! The workshop is $20 for each mom-to-be and includes the book “Crash Course for Moms-To-Be.”
You can register and pay for classes online by creating an account through our Learning Management System.
Non-employees: If you know which class or program you would like to take, you may go directly to the registration site by following this link: NAH Learning Management System (LMS) for community members.
Employees: If you know which class or program you would like to take, you may go directly to the NAH Colleague Portal, NAHLink.com.
Once logged into LMS, select "Search" at the top of the screen, select "Classroom" under the course type criteria and then enter the class name in the search box. This will provide a list of available class dates.
If you are unable to attend the class, please notify the CBE office 24 hours prior. This class always has a waiting list, and notifying us in a timely manner will enable another expecting father to attend.
You may also contact the Education office at 928-773-2491 or email Heather Ashby at Heather.Ashby2@NAHealth.com. If paying by check or money order, please make payable to Northern Arizona Healthcare – Childbirth Education.
Employee cost $20
Non-employee cost $25