If you are at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19 because of your age or because you have a serious long-term health problem, it is extra important for you to take actions to reduce your risk of getting sick with the disease. For more information, visit the CDC website.
- Stock up on supplies, including medications, groceries, and household items.
- Take everyday precautions to keep space between yourself and others.
- When you go out in public, keep away from others who are sick, limit close contact and wash your hands often.
- Avoid crowds as much as possible.
- Avoid cruise travel and non-essential air travel.
- During a COVID-19 outbreak in your community, stay home as much as possible to further reduce your risk of being exposed.
Those at higher risk for severe illness
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), those who are at greater risk of becoming seriously ill include: