Be assured there is no need to delay emergency care. It is important to your health and wellbeing to seek care for conditions that require immediate medical attention. Our teams stand prepared to care for all your healthcare needs, while following guidelines that protect against the spread of COVID-19.
At Northern Arizona Healthcare’s Flagstaff Medical Center, Verde Valley Medical Center and Northern Arizona Healthcare - Sedona, we choose to make safety our first priority, which is why we continue to update our Emergency Department operations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Precautions are in place to ensure that anyone who needs care is protected from the spread of the virus.
Our Emergency Department precautions include the following:
- Pre-screening of all patients prior to entering.
- Separate entrances for all patients who meet screening criteria, meaning they have experienced symptoms consistent with, or were exposed to someone with a known diagnosis, of COVID-19.
- Universal masking for all patients and staff upon entering our facilities.
- Quick and separate rooming for people suspected to have COVID-19 and those who are not.
- Strict room and environmental cleaning guidelines ensure surfaces are properly disinfected.