Welcome to the Northern Arizona Healthcare Student Process page. All students who are seeking to have a rotation at any NAH facility must follow the process outlined below. This would include college students, high school students and students who wish to shadow our staff.
- All students should ensure that there is a contract in place between their school and NAH.
- Students must complete all of the paperwork located in the navigation bar on the right. All students are required to complete the current Student Module; the post test for the student module is located at the end of the student module. All Nursing students are required to complete the ACCU-CHEK Competency; this post test is located at the end of the ACCU-CHEK module.
- CCC, NAU, NPC and YCC students must give their paperwork to their instructors to submit. All other students may bring in their paperwork to the Northern Arizona Healthcare Training Center, located at the west end of the Fort Valley Shopping Center (just south of FMC), 1000 N Humphreys, Ste 241-242 in Flagstaff or fax the completed paperwork to the Education Dept at 928 773-2430.
- The processing of student paperwork requires a 48 hour time period. Please plan accordingly. Processing will include issuing a Lawson ID number, parking permit and working with the IS Department for Cerner access. The IS Department will e-mail the student and Education their password.
- CCC, NAU, NPC and YCC students will receive their processed paperwork from their instructors. All other students must pick up their completed forms in the Education Dept.
- Once all the paperwork is completed, the student will be sent to Human Resources (HR) with a form showing they have completed the Student Process.
- HR will verify all needed immunizations and track these records. Human Resources will issue a student badge.
- Students must repeat this process each year. Student badges will expire every May.
- The student and/or institution should not contact the clinical area directly. All clinical rotations must be arranged through the Education Dept. Contact: Richard Henn, 928-773-2052
- Education coordinates with department directors to ensure they have the ability to accommodate the school/students request, and with the NAH Legal Department to ensure there is a contract in place.
- Once a badge has been issued, the student will report to the department supervisor/director where they will be doing their rotation.
- Please remember it is NAH's policy that no individual will be allowed in the hospital without an ID badge. If a student does not have a badge they are not to be allowed to start their rotations in any area of the hospital. Please refer them to HR or Education.