Flagstaff Medical Center Information
Flagstaff Medical Center (FMC) is Northern Arizona’s only regional referral center, caring for more than 85,000 patients each year. Since 1936, FMC, a member of Northern Arizona Healthcare, has provided high-quality healthcare services to the residents and visitors of Northern Arizona.
With more than 270 beds and 200 physicians, and approximately 2,000 employees, FMC provides comprehensive, state-of-the-art healthcare from diagnostic outpatient services to open heart surgery.
- The Heart and Vascular Center of Northern Arizona, offers a comprehensive line of cardiology services including diagnostic, interventional and surgical treatment options and a cardiac rehabilitation program. Our surgical program includes the cutting-edge “beating-heart” or off-pump bypass surgery, as well as a non-invasive procedure for patients with atrial fibrillation, the most common heart rhythm disorder.
- As the only state-designated Level I Trauma Center north of Phoenix, FMC provides care to critically injured patients. The Trauma Center ensures that patients in Northern Arizona have access to life-saving care during the Golden Hour that follows a trauma, when immediate care could mean the difference between life and death.
- FMC is the only hospital in Northern and Central Arizona to offer advanced, minimally invasive surgical technology using the da Vinci Robotic Surgical System. The $1.5 million system is FDA-approved for use in general, bariatric and urology procedures. FMC was the first hospital in Arizona to use the da Vinci system for weight-loss and general surgery.
- The Spine and Joint Surgery Center offers a unique approach to those patients who require total joint replacement surgery and spine surgery. At FMC, joint surgery patients are not viewed as ill, rather as healthy individuals, who through this program, can get back to the lifestyle they enjoy. The program focuses on providing exceptional care and patient education.
- The Bariatric Surgery and Weight Loss Center is a comprehensive program that provides not only weight-loss surgery, but patient education and support for morbidly obese patients choosing a surgical solution. FMC is the only hospital north of Phoenix offering weight-loss surgery.
- The Cancer Center uses a multidisciplinary team approach designed to ensure the cancer patient’s treatment is individualized, comprehensive and coordinated. The Cancer Center offers radiation and medical oncologists, physicists, radiation therapists, certified oncology nurses, social workers and dietitians. The Breast Cancer Resource Center provides education, resources and support services for women undergoing treatment, and their families.
- Additional services include the Women and Infants’ Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and adjoining Pediatric Unit, state-of-the-art Imaging Services, and a full array of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services.
For more information on Flagstaff Medical Center, call the Marketing/Public Relations Department at 928 773-2080.